Mobile Games @ PuzzleCats
Since August 2019 I have been working at Puzzle Cats, a small mobile game studio in Toronto. Puzzle Cats focuses on rapid iteration on game concepts, and data driven design to help climb the charts. I was initially brought on as a 3D artist at Puzzle Cats, but have grown to take on more tasks such as Gameplay Programming, UI/UX Programming, Mobile Advertising, and 2D asset creation because of the ever changing needs and ever evolving projects that we work on.
My role as a 2D/3D Generalist
- Create 2D / 3D assets for mobile platforms. (UI, Environment, Characters)
- Engineer UX and screen flows for mobile interfaces.
- Engineer game mechanics in new games.
- Produce games in various visual styles.
- Lead new game prototyping and projects.
- Develop editor tools to assist engineers and designers in creation of assets.
- Create and modify Unity shaders for mobile performance.
- Create and test assets for Android/iOS store pages. (Screenshots, Icons)
- Create and test mobile video advertisements.
- Research mobile market for comparable products to implement distinguishing features along side genre-defining features.